- IT managers and/or directors charged with reducing costs and improving availability.
- IT professionals who seek to improve the operation of their systems.
- IT service delivery managers responsible to the business for the performance of a solution or system.
MOF 4.0 Foundation
This 2-day (18 contact hour) MOF Version 4.0 Foundation course cover Microsoft Operations Framework (MOF) 4.0, a collection of best practices, principles, and models that provides comprehensive technical guidance for achieving mission-critical production system reliability, availability, supportability, and manageability for solutions and services built on Microsoft’s products and technologies
This 2-day (18 contact hour) course covers Microsoft Operations Framework (MOF) 4.0 and prepares learners to pass the optional MOF Foundation Certificate examination.
Microsoft Operations Framework (MOF) 4.0, a collection of best practices, principles, and models that provides comprehensive technical guidance for achieving mission-critical production system reliability, availability, supportability, and manageability for solutions and services built on Microsoft’s products and technologies.
|Certificate: Microsoft Operations Framework (MOF) 4.0
Duration: 3 Days (18 Hours)
Course Delivery: Classroom, E-Learning
Professional Development Units: No
The purpose of the Foundation qualification is to confirm that a candidate has sufficient knowledge and understanding of the MOF method to be able to work effectively with, or as a member of, a project management team working within an environment supporting MOF. The Foundation qualification is also a pre-requisite for the Practitioner qualification.
After completing this course, learners will be able to describe:
- What MOF is, its audience, goals, benefits, how it compares to other frameworks
- MOF IT service lifecycle components: Phases, Layer, Service Management Functions (SMFs) and Management Reviews (MRs)
- For each MOF Phase and Layer: goals, workflow, SMFs, role of MR(s), how the Phase / Layer relates to the other Phases / Layer within the IT service lifecycle
- For each SMF: goals, focus, key terms, key role types, processes, workflow
- Manage Layer role in each Phase / GRC, Change and Configuration, Team focus
- Basic MOF concepts / terms specified in the MOF Foundation exam requirements
- How to prepare to pass the MOF Foundation certification examination
- An actionable framework to streamline IT department activities, reducing cost and improving productivity.
- An outcome focused approach to managing IT organizations, driving greater accountability and control.
- A basis for improved Governance, Risk & Compliance Management that doesn’t increase management oversight or hamper productivity
- Relevant guidance for effective Team structures. Practical guidance to improve IT Service quality
- Actionable guidance for managing heterogeneous technology environments.
- Practical activities to improve productivity
While this course has no specific prerequisites, ITIL familiarity is desirable.
If the course is conducted in a 2-day intensive format, it is advisable that learners:
- Read MOF reference materials
- Browse the official syllabus, acronyms, and glossary
- Before You Begin
- Module 1 – MOF Overview
- Module 2 – Manage Layer
- Module 3 – Plan Phase
- Module 4 – Deliver Phase
- Module 5 – Operate Phase
- Module 6 – Course Summary
- Sample Exams
Upon completion of the course, candidates may sit the optional MOF Foundation examination leading to the MOF Foundation Certificate.
- Exam Format: Closed Book. Both web and paper-based
- Questions: 40 multiple choice questions
- Passing Score: 65% (26 out of 40)
- Exam Duration: 60 minutes. (75 minutes and use of a dictionary for those taking the examination in a language other than their first language).
- Proctoring: Live
- Languages: English
This Certification does not partake in any Professional Development programs or schemes.
©2001-2016 Pultorak & Associates, Ltd.
©2013 Microsoft Corporation All Rights Reserved.